GPS trackers have occupied significant places in our life. It allows you to keep tabs on a loved one or your vehicle at all times if you are concerned about their safety.
There are so many ways you can use a GPS tracker; hence, you will need a device that can cater to all your demands efficiently. In this article, we will compare two popular GPS trackers based on their features, affordability, and customer reviews. So let’s get started.
The World Of GPS Trackers
GPS or Global Positioning System involves a network of satellites, orbiting around the earth. It transmits, receives, and processes data, which enables it to help find an object or a person’s coordinates. GPS technology was finally made available to the general public in 1983 after being initially developed in the 1960s for US military usage. Today, GPS is used for multiple purposes around the world. For example, from tracking pets to getting directions and even for advanced military training.
A GPS tracker requires a device body that must be attached to the target item or worn by the user. Then, this device reports information on the whereabouts and gives accurate location data. You can tailor the benefits of portable tracking devices as per your specific requirements, such as long-lasting batteries that do not require additional power or antennae.
Portable units are also small and compact, so you can fit them anywhere to enjoy real-time tracking. For example, your car, luggage, bag, etc.
You have two choices when looking for a GPS tracker: an active (real-time) tracker or a passive tracker. Real-time tracking is possible with an activity tracker and helps you to access the data on your mobile device via the app.
In contrast to active ones, Passive trackers lack this feature. Real-time movement tracking is impossible, but the data can be transferred onto a computer for later analysis.
Best In The Market
You can find different options for GPS trackers in the market. To help you in your search, we have chosen two products with the highest ratings in the market- Logistimatics, and Family1st.
Family1st is one of the best and most affordable GPS trackers on the market. It offers different products for your different tracking needs, for example, portable devices, OBD II GPS tracker, Belle+, and Prime AIRE.
So whether you are looking for personal GPS trackers to track your kid, the elderly, a person with a disability, or your valuable asset you can surely rely on this one.
- The Portable GPS Tracker is a lightweight and small device. It provides you with real-time location tracking updates with several advanced features such as geofencing, smart Alerts, Alexa integration, etc. You can also use this device to enjoy discreet tracking.
- Products include Belle+ GPS trackers and a two-way voice & alert pendant device that gives medical alerts.
- high Air is a domestic tracking hub for BLE sensors consisting of motion pastime, blood pressure, coronary heart rate, and so forth.
- OBD GPS trackers, which are excellent for tracking vehicles, are integrated with the onboard diagnostic system so you can take care of your family and your car.
- They also have accessories on board, such as the magnetic case, to keep it safe.
To Give a Better Comparison of the Two Products. Take a Look at the in-depth Research of Portable Trackers From Both Vendors.
Product Highlights: Portable GPS Tracker
- Size: 2.75 x 1.8 x 1.1 inches
- Weight: 3.68 ounces
- Battery: 2400 mAh Li-Polymer rechargeable battery
- Price: $29.95
- Monthly Subscription Fees: $21.95/month
One of the best-selling products of Family1st is the Portable GPS Tracker. This tracking device has minimal maintenance and most safety in your assets and loved ones.The compact design of the hardware makes it able to attach and hide anywhere you want. The device draws no attention and thus saves you bucks in GPS theft.family 1st GPS tracker consists of an extended battery lasting up to two weeks.It comes with a lightning-fast 4G LTE network that sends you reliable location updates even in remote areas. It is an ideal GPS tracker ideal for tracking cars, children, pets, and the elderly.
Another interesting fact is that even though Family1st offers you different features to ease your tracking journey, it is one of the most affordable ones. It has the lowest subscription rates in the market, and it requires no cancellation fees.
Apart from the very portable and efficient hardware, Family1st tracking solutions provide you with a lifetime warranty, 24×7 tech supports through email and phone, Smart Alerts and push notifications, instant, custom reports, etc.
- It enables indoor tracking using Wi-Fi. So even if you lose the device, you may hunt it down.
- any other characteristic is that the tracker is like minded with Alexa.
- Alexa is the voice service of Amazon and the brain behind devices like Amazon Echo, FireTV, and third-party tools. You can integrate your Alexa and Family1st portable tracker to upgrade your tracking journey. It is a popular feature among parents of young drivers.
- Family1st not only works seamlessly under the open sky but also uses its Wi-Fi capabilities for indoor tracking.
- moreover, the tracker will notify you while your vehicle enters up to ten geofenced regions, which you could create.
- Other features of this portable GPS tracker include receiving text and email notifications, low battery and speeding alerts, and more features.
Another leading company Logistimatics GPS provides you with the exact location of your tracker body on the mobile application. You can set up custom geofence alerts for real-time notification if your tracker enters or exits an area. Logistimatics trackers have intelligent battery alerts which notify you on the tracking app or via text message when the power is running low. You also receive speed, engine runtime hours, and environmental information. View the current location of your tracker and the history of all the sites it has visited, complete with addresses. You may track using any web browser or view your trackers from any iOS or Android smartphone. You may improve your tracking experience by customizing your notifications.
- A Mobile-200 4G GPS Tracker With Live Audio Monitoring is a wireless battery power tracker that serves multiple tracking purposes.
Pocket Tracker: Small GPS Tracker- A tiny tracker that fits easily in the palm of your hand
- Asset-432 | 4g GPS asset tracker with three long years battery life for $69.95
- Protect Plus | 4G GPS Tracker with 18-Month Battery
- Road Wire 4G Hardwired GPS Tracker for Fleets Trucks – It is a significant business investment to track your fleet vehicles that plug into your car/truck and are powered directly by the power source.
- Logistimatics also has a range of accessories like cases for your trackers to keep them safe.
Product Highlights – 4G Portable Pocket Tracker
- Size: 2.75” long x 1.5” wide x 1” high
- Weight: 4 ounces
- Battery: 2600mAh lithium-ion rechargeable
- Price: $49.95
- -4 to 140F operating temperature
- Monthly Subscription Fees: $19.95 /month (if you opt for a 6-month plan)
- $24.95 /month (no-commitment) and $14.95 for a prepaid annual plan
Logistimatics has been providing GPS solutions for personal and business tracking for years. With this little real-time tracker, you can monitor vehicles, family members, luggage, equipment, elders, and more. To track the things you value most, tuck this mini device into a purse, glove box, or backpack. You can receive real-time location updates on any device. Receive instant notifications when the tracker departs a specific area (a geofence). The Pocket Tracker can track anything right out of the box.
The tracker can track anywhere with a cellular connection and has no range restrictions. Since it utilizes the 4G wireless network, even in outlying locations, coverage is excellent.
- Reliable Live monitoring – The Mobile-200 GPS tracker is a fantastic asset and vehicle tracker. It has long battery life and is simple to use (up to 10 days between charges). Track with any web browser or an iOS or Android device. If the tracker enters or leaves a specific region, receive real-time tracking alerts. Every 30 seconds, the tracker provides you with location updates.
- Monitoring Live Audio – The Mobile-200 can stream live audio to your phone directly from its position. Dial the phone number listed on your tracker to enable audio monitoring.
- It updates every 30 seconds in actual time.
- Simple tracking with any web browser or iOS or Android phone and A global SIM card included that allows for global tracking
- Options for reporting include every 30 seconds, every minute, every six hours, or once. Battery life of up to 18 months when set to report once every 24 hours.
|Size||2.75 x 1.8 x 1.1 inches||2.75 x 1.5 x 1 inch|
|Weight||3.68 ounces||4 ounces|
|Battery||2400 mAh Li-Polymer||2600mAh li-ion rechargeable|
Conclusion – What To Choose?
After looking at all the features of Family1st and Logistimatics GPS solutions, we can make the following conclusions:
-Family1st offers a subscription rate of $21.95, and Logistimatics GPS goes for $14 to $25, depending on your plan.
-Family1st appears to be an inclusive logo that caters to important wishes like small kids and senior residents with ailments like dementia.
. On the other hand, Logistimatics makes no claims of that sort.
-Family1st GPS trackers offer your lifetime warranty, while Logistimatics give you a 30-day money-back guarantee.
-In Logistimatics, trackers are available for $30 to $70 on average, depending on if you opt for portable, OBD, or hardwired trackers.
-With Family1st GPS Solutions, the trackers range from $30 to $55, and the magnetic cases sell for $17 to $20.
The differences between the two items are hardly distinguishable. in one or the alternativecategory, every has an advantage. And since the choice ultimately comes down to your needs and budget, this article explains everything in the hopes of assisting you!!